Tuesday, June 19, 2018

You are wonderful.



I am a people watcher, and I always have been. Before airport security had to be increased, I would just go sit and watch people. There is nothing more honest than airport moments.

I have always been a wallflower, I am extremely shy until you get to know me. And then, you cannot get me to shut up. (See goals) I like to watch people, I should have been a psychologist because then I would be paid for my (most of the time unsolicited) advice.

Why am I a people watcher? I think at one point, it was so I could understand emotions and people a little better.
I have always felt as if I was not good enough, or that I can never do anything right, that am a loser, that I am a flat-out failure. I have been overweight all of my life (until recently) so I picked on my own looks so if others did, it didn't hurt as bad. I have always thought the worst of myself.

Someone mentioned to me, that they have watched me with my mother, that maybe I need to work out some of the issues from my childhood.

It made me stop for a second.


Dang!


So since the world is at my fingertips, I went to google, and typed in “feeling not good enough”

I found a lot of oddly fascinating articles.

Psychology Today had an article from the writer of Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers Her book - by Dr. Karyl McBride, Ph.D., P.C.


Therapist • Author • Speaker • Consultant


For the past twenty years, Dr. Karyl McBride has been involved in private research concerning the topic of narcissism and its debilitating effects on relationships.

The article is worth the read at the very least. I am the oldest child of three. My parents were both alcoholics and other addictive types of behavior. In other words my childhood is a mixed bag of good, bad, and seriously does this crap only happen to me.

I am actively trying to be more positive, about myself and others around me. I know that I say, I am sorry, or ‘sorry’ too often.

Why?


So, I am hard on myself. I always have been, how do you reprogram 38 years?

Are you too hard on yourself?

Today’s exercise: Reminders - You are wonderful.

You will need Post Its or Sticky Notes:

Write yourself reminders. Post them to your mirror in the bathroom, in a journal, all over the house, where ever!


(Might want to pick up a few packs of them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment